INT01 – Nadene Cherry
This is the first interview of an Above Average sales rep on The Tech Sales Show! During this interview Bobby and Brian interview Nadene Cherry who has worked at CDW for thirteen and a half years helping enterprise organizations in Houston, Texas accomplish their long term goals with technology.
One on Nadene’s favorite quotes she shared is: “You cannot be grateful and pissed off at the same time.”
Here are links to everything we discussed in this interview!
- Book recommendations:
- Podcasts we discussed:
- Lewis Howes – https://lewishowes.com/ – Tweaking and optimizing your routine.
- Tim Ferriss – https://tim.blog/podcast/ – Productivity Hacks
- On Being with Krista Tippett – https://onbeing.org/ – The Big Questions of Meaning
- Audio Dharma – http://audiodharma.org/ – Audio Dharma is an archive of Dharma talks given by Gil Fronsdal and various guest speakers at the Insight Meditation Center in Redwood City, CA.
- Alanis Morissette – http://alanis.com/podcasts – features conversations with different highly reputable teachers, authors and leaders from different philosophies and of different
- Tips from Nadene
- Determine what your “on” time is – when are you most productive during the day? Align your strategic tasks & meeting at this time. During this time, put your phone on do-not-disturb!
- Nadene discusses the power of saying “I am ____” – in Nadene’s case, “I am a speaker!”
- Be present, and in the moment! Focus your full attention on the conversation at-hand!
- James Clear – How can we live better?
- If you have afternoon energy “crashes” – try dropping coffee and switching to matcha tea!
- Smile!! Loosen up in the business world and have fun.
- Tips from Nadene
- How can you support Nadene?
Nadene Cherry is THE “mindful sales chick.” After 10 years of selling technology to large businesses in Houston, TX, Nadene’s career kicked into high-gear after implementing a mindfulness practice. A dynamic sales professional by day and a mindful motivational speaker by night, Nadene now has 14 years of sales experience. Nadene is a top performer in her company and continues to win sales achievement awards for top growth out of over 2,000 sales professionals. Building strong relationships with partners and clients propel Nadene to take her career to the next-level every year. Even taking off 3 months for maternity leave in 2017 did not stop Nadene from smashing her sales goals.
Nadene’s signature “morning ritual” includes daily meditation, gratitude journaling, and intention-setting for a successful day. Nadene attributes her mindfulness practice to her ability to maintain focus and execute day after day. Nadene’s electric energy brings her to unexpected places such as the Oprah show and the Food Network. Nadene shines in front of clients and created a “Rockstar Client Visit Roadmap” to help other sales professionals organize an effective customer briefing. Nadene is a mentor, panel speaker, and
fashion-lover. She believes in compassion in the workplace and “being the change she wishes to see.” Nadene’s passion and side hustle as a motivational speaker is helping other sellers improve productivity, develop a ritual for success, and boost confidence. Happiness to Nadene is introducing small, new habits to others that end up improving overall quality of life each day. Her website is called www.peacelovesales.com and it contains actionable wisdom numerous blog posts and resources. Nadene is a matcha-drinking, wellness junkie who loves most of all spending time with her new daughter, Fiona Moon.